I'm a proud father, loving husband, First Aid Instructor of the Canadian Red Cross and an ex-oilfield medic. I have taught many people first aid, helped many more and made sure some of your husbands, boyfriends, wives and girlfriends made it out of their stint in the oilfield with their limbs attached.
My wife is an amazing person and she looks after your parents, grandparents & other relatives.
She is a recreational aide and makes sure the people in her care stay active and healthy.
Our children attend Lindsay Thurber, Hunting Hills and Normandeau. They love their schooling and our youngest has no recollection whatsoever of her short 18 months in the UK.
So, what's our problem?
I made mistakes, I thought I could go through the permanent residency process without help.
My employer lost all of their contracts and subsequently shut up shop one day. I spent time on E.I. and eventually got a job teaching safety courses including First Aid, a subject I passionately agree with. Jann is my fellow instructor and he is very much like me in his approach to the topics he teaches, I'm lucky to have come across him.
Unfortunately, as of December 1st, our application has been refused and we only have one application keeping us here and I have learned that could be turned down any day now.
The only way we have to stay in Canada is if I can do one of two things:
1. Support ourselves without financial aid whilst we apply for Permanent Residency with the aid of a paid professional or;
2. Become a partner in a company that provides services in Canada so that I can work legally for myself.
Obviously both of these require a lot of money and that's where I'm hoping you can all help.
Who will this benefit?
1. Our children, obviously not of your concern but it would mean the world to them;
2. Your relatives, for anyone who has come across my wife in her role as recreational aide, you will know she brings a smile to everyone's face; she's the loud one who worked at Villa Marie and now Extendicare;
3. Everybody, as I mentioned earlier, I passionately believe in First Aid and I try my best to live by the 7 Red Cross Fundamental principles, I already have had several moments in Red Deer where I've been recognised by former students and hopefully that's because I made a good impression;
4. My wife, she moved with me to Canada back in 2010 and we left in 2011 because of the economic downturn, we were in the UK for one year when she realised she wanted to come back to Canada and we did in 2012, since then, nothing seems to have gone right;
5. Our friends, we have made some amazing friends here and really don't want to leave them, we have a social life unlike any we've ever had. My wife is part of the Chair Tease Dance Studios and I don't think she'd recover if she had to leave all her friends behind and we couldn't come back again.
Canada is our spiritual home, we like the people, the places, the community spirit.
Please help us to stay here and continue to be a part of Central Alberta's thriving populace.
As a family, we would be eternally grateful and I would be willing to teach all of your kids (11+) & adults basic life support (choking & CPR) free of charge if you agree to help us out.
We need the money asap, ideally within two weeks as as soon as our current application is denied (which apparently it should have been already), we will have a very short time to sell everything and return to the UK where we will have to start all again with very little to our names.
DonationsSee top donations
- Kristy Penhale
- Janelle Delwo
- Jason Steele
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more