Michael Angelo Palacios Vision Fund


Dear Friends, please take a moment to read and share the story of our long time friend and classmate, Michael Palacios. When many of us think of Michael, we think of his big smile, sweet voice and his trademark pastime  -- cheek pinching ♥️ He has always been one of those people whose goal was to make us all smile. Now it's our turn. Michael needs our help during a hard time. Here is his story, in his words ... 

"It's that moment when you realize we belong to something bigger than you and me. In my deepest part of my soul, my eyes have decided to put me in a deep freeze. So I have to learn how to face the music like a rolling thunder roller coaster. When I open my eyes to look at the day, I realize my sight is not better than the day before, so I try to think about all the things I've done and focus onward. 'Stay calm and carry on.' Only this time it's different because I need help with my eyes.

A few months ago I was diagnosed with stigmatas and cataracts in both of my eyes and week by week, my sight is abandoning me, leaving me in the dark. So my welfare has become my number one priority and I finally realize I have to take care of this matter before I go completely blind.

What I'm asking for is a little help from my family and friends to help me raise 15k for both my surgeries and for post operation expenses. I do have insurance in the form of Aetna, but they only cover 60% and I have to cover the other 40%. I have seen three different doctors and they all say the same thing. I need to pay my portion for the surgeries up front -- no payment plans and no financial assistance. And I need to have the surgeries very soon. 

So this has been very difficult decision for me because I don't like asking anybody for help, but because I have my 14 year old daughter and I'm a photographer, I don't want to miss out on watching her grow into a beautiful young lady.

So if it's only a penny or a billion dollars, all donations will be greatly appreaciated from the bottom of my heart.

Love you all, Michael Angelo Palacios."

Donations

 See top
  • Blair Krueger 
    • $100 
    • 25 mos
  • Laurie McPherson 
    • $100 
    • 40 mos
  • Mary Julich 
    • $100 
    • 40 mos
  • Lisa Jaschek 
    • $50 
    • 40 mos
  • Cheryl Allen Collins 
    • $50 
    • 40 mos
See all

Organizer

Renee Maler 
Organizer
San Ramon, CA
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more