What I can clearly and strongly remember about my mom in addition to being a loving mom, wife and grandmother, is her passion for education. My mom was an educator and counselor for many years, and some of her deepest passions were providing education to others. She inspired many people and created opportunities for them to get education.
In order to continue her legacy and her passion for education, I decided to start a GoFunMe campaign in her name to help establish and build a school in Uganda. All donations in this campaign will go directly to Children and Women Support Initiative CASWI in Uganda that runs and supports a primary school.
I strongly believe that my mom is somehow taking an active role in this and I feel so grateful to take part in in this project and help change the lives of others. Just like my mom did.
CASWI is doing important work in Uganda, but they need our support for the expansion of their school. If the fundraising goal of $10,000 is reached, CASWI would use the money for:
1. Building walls for the school ($2000) - the school currently only has a roof.
2. Building a restroom for the students ($2000) - the school is currently using only a hole in the ground for their restroom facilities.
3. Purchasing desks ($1600) - Right now, the students currently sit on the ground.
4. Purchasing a Lightning Arrestor ($330) - To protect against lightning strikes
5. Building hand washing facilities ($85)
6. Purchasing a Temperature Gun ($35) - For COVID-19
7. Purchasing Various School Supplies ($420)
8. Adding Exterior Details on School Building ($1500)
9. Adding Interior Details on School Building ($1000)
10. Adding Windows to the School Building ($450)
11. Adding Doors to the School Building ($300)
As you can see, our our abundance here in the United States will stretch far in Uganda. In this holiday season, will you consider donating some of your hard-earned money to Uganda, who is in desperate need of help?
Please note that all donations will be given in a step-wise manner to ensure that the funds are used as intended.
Thank you for your generosity!
The current state of the school
Adding water storage for the school
The students of the school, in the current school structure.
Students waiting in line for lunch.
New School Supplies.
Some of the boys and girls your donations would help
- Lauren Zoghbi
- Matthew Carroll
- Marcella Flores
- Paul Gorban
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more