They were awaken by smoke detectors which were blaring. Upon Hugh’s search, their worst fears had indeed come true.
There was a fire burning in the rear of their home!! Hugh, Pauline and their granddaughter, Mackenzie, made it outside safely, but soon realized the family dog, Jasper, wasn’t with them. Hugh ran back inside to retrieve Jasper. During the search Hugh sustained second degree burns to over 19% of his body; mainly, to the hands, arms and face.
My Brother and his family (Pauline, Zach and Jared) have lost not only their home but a lifetime’s worth of memories.
Hugh has spent over 37 years giving to his community by serving with the Penndel Middletown Emergency Squad. Hugh started there as a volunteer and retired from the squad after serving his last five years as Chief. Hugh also ran with Pennsylvania Middletown Fire Company and was the fire truck Santa as far back as I can remember. He was my Santa when I was young.
Please help! Please help this man and his family whom have sacrificed so much for so many over the years. As of now donations to this GoFundMe page are crucial. They are in need of just about everything as they left with literally what they had on their backs..
- Eileen Bressler Wolfe
- Angeline Stuhl
- Tom Kearse
- James Keiser
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more