The follow up treatment will be 18 weeks of chemo therapy, once per week. This will delay the return of the cancer but probably will not cure it.
We need some help with the expenses related to all of this. We need funds for:
- ileostomy bags (about $100 per month)
- ileostomy related supplies (we don't yet what that will cost)
- increased gas use in the car for the appointments
- parking fees at the hospital
- meals at the hospital during treatment (the 6 hour sessions at least)
- there may be prescription drugs involved
- being able to hire house cleaning services (I am physically not able to do this).
We are getting a bit of money for the ostomy bags but it won't cover the full cost.
We need help soon. Her treatment will be starting by mid-August at the latest and run the rest of the year. Although my business is growing, it only makes about $4000 per year; not enough to cover this. It will all end up on a credit card and drive us deeper into debt.
If you can help, please donate! If you are unable to donate, we understand.
Thank you in advance for your support! I will keep everyone updated on her progress.
- Helen Read
- John Davey
- Geoff Johnson
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more