Dear Culture Club 101 Family:
It’s been just over one year since we opened our new home on Washington Blvd. in Pasadena. We absolutely love it here but we are in a critical situation.
Here, we have finally been able to have the home we’ve all dreamed of—not only a retail location with a commercial kitchen to prepare and distribute nutrient-dense and delicious real food, but also a place to connect with others, a place to learn and to teach about fermentation and traditional foods, a place to gather and even share a meal.
Myself and the CC101 staff are grateful to be a part of all of this, we are a family. It’s become a unique haven for our real food community of over 500 people! There is nothing else in Pasadena like Culture Club 101.
We are now facing some critical challenges, and we need your help. We launched a GoFundMe campaign to help with startup costs, and had lots of pledges, Thank You! The good news is, our "Green" kitchen, store and learning center is paid for! However, other unexpected expenses mounted, and we took out a loan to cover the shortfall. We must pay back that loan in the next few weeks to keep Culture Club 101 going.
Additionally, our building was unexpectedly sold and our CAMS have increased in excess of 124%!! So now we find ourselves scrambling to keep our heads above water. Many of you are noticing our shelves are running dry and we are short staffed at times. Several of our neighboring businesses have already moved out or are leaving soon.
So How Can You Help?
1. If you pledged to help via the original GoFundMe
campaign, a huge thank you! If you planned to but haven’t yet, now is the time! If you would like to contribute more, thank you again! Any amount will help us keep going.
2. If you haven’t become a Member to enjoy the many benefits, now is the time! Here’s a link: https://www.cultureclub101.com/membership/
3. If you are Social Media Savvy in any way at all, please tap in to your connections. If you are not savvy, have a teenager help you! This is the fastest way we together can reach the multitudes!
3a. Like us - Review us - Take and Post lots of pictures on Facebook, Yelp, Google, Twitter and Instagram!
4. Also, we really need your help in getting the word out about CC101 through direct conversations. Let your relatives know, let your neighbors know, let your PTA know. We have plenty of CC101 information cards for you to distribute with coupons for a Free artisanal probiotic beverage to new people when they come in.
We are still relatively unknown in our new location, so please help us spread the word.
The Future of Culture Club 101 depends on the support of community. With your help we can stay on top of this wave and, we will have an exciting year ahead:
• Some of you have asked for delivery service, and we plan to provide deliveries to nearby communities beginning in January.
• We are adding Taco Tuesdays, and also have several local ancestral chefs lined up who are creating special menus for Sunday Brunches.
• We will be extending our evening hours on more days so our working customers can visit and shop after work.
• We are also looking into a separate non-profit status for our learning center so anyone can afford to take classes and benefit from the education we have to offer. This is especially important for families with children.
These are just a few of the exciting additions on the horizon.
From its beginning, CC101 was much more than just a small private culinary club in Pasadena. It is an important Grassroots Model creating change in our food system from the ground up. It teaches what is possible using real nutrient-dense foods. CC101 is committed to teaching and spreading the word in support of sustainable farming and living and to be a resource for finding reliable sources for real food.
CC101 is one of many Real Food pioneers around the country having a positive impact on market demand and our commercial food system. The goal of CC101 is to continue to be a valuable resource for the Real Food community, promoting healthy vibrant living.
Your Donations will not only help save our food system, it will nourish our community, support growing families and help sustain a valuable resource for you, your family and your health for years to come. Our request is urgent.
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts, without you there is no Culture Club 101!
Elaina and all of us here at CC101
Please Donate Today