The DEAL: Our beloved family member and friend, VJ, recently received the devastating diagnosis of advanced Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma, a type of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma. After being unexpectedly admitted to the ER due to seizures – he received the worst possible news. YOU HAVE CANCER.
Then, an even bigger blow…. VJ got the news no one wants to hear shortly after receiving a cancer diagnosis: YOU HAVE NO INSURANCE COVERAGE.
And, not to kick someone when they’re down – but VJ was discharged from the hospital with instructions to follow up as an outpatient. SORRY, WE CAN’T TREAT YOU.
The CATCH: It is almost impossible to be seen for outpatient cancer treatment without health coverage. Patients without insurance stand almost no chance of survival without having access to adequate treatment.
The REALITY: A journal article published in the May 2015 issue of The Oncologist, concluded that “Lack of insurance, and Medicaid were associated with significantly lower survival for patients with Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma”… and “Patients with non-Hodgkin lymphoma who have no insurance or who have only Medicaid are at increased risk of death in the first 5 years after diagnosis.”
The TRUTH: At just 37 years old, VJ may not survive to see his 40th birthday, without the support and kindness of family, friends, neighbors and good Samaritans. Please consider donating any amount to VJ’s Lymphoma Fund, so that he can access the appropriate treatments and care. For the insured, prognosis for survival of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma is very high. Without insurance, survival rates drop dramatically. He can no longer go to his job with the Tile & Masonry Union as he is too ill to work. Which means he won't get enough hours to secure health insurance.
HELP VJ BEAT THE ODDS & SURVIVE LYMPHOMA!!
Please donate what you can.
Please share this page with everyone you know. Share it with anyone you don’t know too!
Please help support VJ in the battle of his life.
- 37: Number of years VJ has been on this earth and a blessing in our lives
- 6: number of months VJ has been in the Tile & Masonry union, BAC Local 7 in New York
- 400: number of Union hours needed to work that VJ needs to receive full health coverage
- 50%: number of patients with aggressive Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma that can be CURED
- 0%: chance of being CURED from Lymphoma without treatment
- $14,174: The average MONTHLY cost to treat aggressive Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, according to NIH
- 2: The number of loving parents VJ has, praying for VJ’s survival
- 1: The number of siblings VJ has
- $50,000: Our fundraising goal, to help VJ start much needed treatment and chemotherapy.
LYMPHOMA IS TREATABLE!
Help VJ beat the odds, and support his fight to access proper treatment and care!!
For More Info, Please Visit:
American Cancer Society: What is Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
DonationsSee top donations
- joseph bonansinga
- Christine Gentile
- Christina Höxer
- Robert Irwin
- Emily Rose
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more