Hi everyone! I hate to do this again but Zuko and I need your help one more time.
Thanks to all of your help, Zuko was able to have laser surgery in February to help with his glaucoma. And it worked! He has had amazing eye pressure up until a few days ago...When I found out that he is having another pressure spike.
We have also discovered that Zuko now has a cataract, which has essentially blinded him.
The way I see it our options are basically as follows - We can remove his eye, we can try laser surgery again, or maybe even attempt cataract removal...However at this point it is looking like eye removal will be his best option.
I have an appointment with his ophthalmologist in a couple of weeks to discuss our options - It was the earliest I could get him in but I’m hoping maybe it will also give me the time I need to raise funds to book him for surgery.
Whatever we decide, one way or another he is going to need surgery again. As of right now I’m estimating it at around $2000 - Plus $500 that I currently owe for his exams, medications,and pressure rechecks.
Any help that you guys can give will be appreciated by both of us more than you will ever know...I want to get him into surgery as soon as possible and I would hate for him to remain in pain because finances are an issue.
You guys came through for us big time before...and Zuko loves you so much for it. If we do remove his eye this will hopefully be the last surgery that he ever needs...Can you help us one more time?
All funds will towards his care, and helping keeping him happy and smiling for many years to come. ❤️
- Hayley-Jadene Cummins
- Julio Shiba
- Paul Wendorff