Our friend Kelley is facing a pet owner’s worst nightmare.
Penny and Onyx were outside for their routine play in their yard at home. Within a few short minutes of being outside, Kelley noticed strange behaviour that was escalating quickly from both of his beloved dogs which immediately raised concern that something malicious and deliberate had occurred and rushed both pups to the emergency vet.
The vet confirmed that both dogs were poisoned with Methamphetamine, a potent central nervous system stimulant and dangerous drug.
The fight for life tragically came to an end for Penny yesterday afternoon. Thank you to the Kenora Vet who worked tirelessly trying to reverse the damages done to this sweet girl.
Onyx was rushed last night to the vet in Winnipeg to continue fighting for hers.
If you know Kelley, his dogs are his World.
I have created this Go Fund Me page for our friend Kelley to help with the extensive vet bills he is about to face. Not only is our friend dealing with the loss of his companion Penny, he is also dealing with the uncertainty of Onyx. Plus, he’s had his home, a once safe haven, compromised as someone trespassed his property to deliberately poison his innocent dogs.
I hope that as a community we can help lighten the financial burden and/or raise awareness that there is someone in our town accountable for this unfathomable act.
Thank you, Kenora for your consideration and care for our dear friend Kelley and family.
Updates will be provided.