Help with Abdominal Surgery for Kitty

Hello! Thank you very much for stopping by this campaign. I am fundraising for my senior cat's abdominal surgery which is scheduled to happen in couple weeks.

This is his story.

My oldest kitty Kirusha is a 13 year old Orange Tabby. He's the smartest and sweetest boy ever, and he means the world to me.
He has been with me ever since I adopted him in 2007 from shelter in California when he was just a baby kitten. We have been inseparable together even while moving around the country. And I really want to help him as much as I can.

Recently, his health has been declining. I've noticed Kirusha has been throwing up a lot and rapidly loosing weight. We took him to the Lincoln Animal Hospital in Chicago, where they diagnosed him with Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) in April. He has been put on prescription diet food and medicine. Everything was going well, until he started having black diarrhea and was unable to hold his stool and defecating on the floor around two weeks ago...

I immediately brought Kirusha for a follow up appointment at the vet on Monday June 15th, where they did blood work test again, and doctor said she found a growing tumor mass around his intestines, which is causing him to have bloody stool. This wasn't there during our previous visit. So, we were very alarmed that this mass was growing fast.

The following day, June 16th, we did ultrasound as advised by our doctor to confirm the growing tumor and decide what we can do next.
It was confirmed Kirusha will need to have Abdominal Surgery to remove this mass. It grew close to 1.5 inches within a month. If we don't do it and keep him on medicine, it will eventually spread out and he will become very sick, and most likely have to be put down due to internal bleeding.  I was worried and concerned that older cat would have an issue going under anesthesia, but my doctor said his heart and liver were in perfect condition, and we shouldn't be worried so much.

Our veterinarian Dr.Sara gave us options to have surgery done at their office Lincoln Animal Hospital, where they would have specialist come in and perform surgery, but won't be able to monitor kitty overnight, since they are closed and staff is not available. This procedure is around 2,800$.
Second option, is to have surgery done at MedVet Emergency office in Chicago. It would be more costly, around 6,000$, but they would keep Kirusha overnight and monitor his health.

We are definitely going to have surgery done at Lincoln Animal Hospital for 2,800$ and just scheduled for July 6th Monday morning, since this is all we can afford, but definitely won't let kitty down! I believe he still has some years in him and can survive anything!

We don't give up on each other in here.
His survival would definitely be the best birthday gift ever this year.

I am asking for help, since this has been a really rough time for me, ever since being furloughed out of job due to Covid-19, and having car problems, and bills. So far, I've paid a lot just for cost for all the medical tests and medicine for kitty.  Anything will be very helpful.

I will be uploading pictures of ultrasound results, and vet bill inquiries! And all the coming updates!

Thank you so much everyone! 

- Nat M.



 See top
  • Katie Hudecek 
    • $30 
    • 2 mos
  • Rochelle Jania 
    • $25 
    • 2 mos
  • Stephen Korenchan 
    • $25 
    • 2 mos
  • Hailey Davis 
    • $10 
    • 2 mos
  • Joseph Colon 
    • $20 
    • 2 mos
See all


Natallia M. 
Chicago, IL
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more