Valerie Trivigno, a respected and beloved animal activist in Philadelphia PA, lost her battle with cancer on June 29, 2019. Her life was devoted to protesting all forms of animal cruelty, promoting humane education and vegan outreach, and rescuing/re-homing stray and injured animals. She was fearless and always determined to do what was right. But most of all, Val loved her seven rescued cats — they were her “fur babies” who lived with her in her home.
We are Val’s Friends asking for your support. All of Val’s cat were the ones nobody else wanted. Most of them are over 10 years old. Because Val was so ill for so many years, she got behind in their veterinary care so we are taking up the task. To date a veterinary bill for four of the cats totaling $1904.55 has been incurred (but not paid) and we have three more cats desperately in need of care. Six of the cats need new homes.
We're racing against time. Val’s house has been taken over by her family who can’t care for the cats. Your tax deductible donation to Mobilization for Animals, Inc.(a nonprofit organization) will go directly to the Help Val’s Cats fund for veterinary care, food and supplies for foster homes. This was Val’s greatest wish.
MEET VAL’S CATS
1. Gentle Marley was 16 years old and very ill. When we rushed Marley to the hospital, the veterinarian determined that he was in advanced congestive heart failure and in terrible pain. Marley was peacefully put to sleep. Everyone was devastated but we didn't want him to suffer. Cost: $289.65
2. GirlCat is about 9 years old and lived on the Philly streets until Val helped rescue her. She has only four teeth (canines), an injured ear, and is thin. GirlCat is sweet and seems grateful to have been rescued and given so much love by Val. At the veterinary hospital, GirlCat was examined, vaccinated, blood tested, treated for parasites, had her ear discharge tested (Neg) and treated, screened for Feleuk/FIV/Heart-worm (Neg), microchipped, and determined to be in general good health. Cost:$502.13
3. When her neighbor of many years passed away, Val took in Pepper. Pepper is now about 10-12 years old. For Pepper it was love at first sight. From that day on, Pepper never left Val’s side. When Val was bed ridden, Pepper would try to sleep on her neck and if not on her neck, then on her shoulder. At the veterinary hospital, Pepper was examined, vaccinated, blood tested, treated for parasites, screened for Feleuk/FIV/Heart-worm (Neg), microchipped, and determined to be in general good health despite having only only his four canine teeth left in his mouth. Cost:$518.73
4. Val took 9 year old Gracie from a house where she had been abandoned with no food or water for a week or more. This rescue took place as Val was becoming debilitated from the progression of the cancer. Undeterred by pain, Val pushed onward into the dark , smelly, cluttered basement to rescue a terrified Gracie. Like Pepper, Gracie rarely left Val's side. At the veterinary hospital, Gracie was examined, vaccinated, blood tested, treated for parasites, screened for Feleuk/FIV/Heart-worm (Neg), microchipped, and determined to be in general good health. Cost: $594.04
Still in need of veterinary care... 5. Sandy has been with Val for a long time. Val called him “my sweet Sandy”. He’s an elderly, gentle, tan/orange cat with beautiful eyes. Sandy gets along with everyone. Sandy may be 10-13 years old and has an infected ear and tooth. He needs to see a veterinarian as soon as we can afford it.
6. Rosie is a stunning black and orange calico-tortie cat who can be a diva. Val insisted on taking her from a relative after a death in the family because the family was keeping her locked in a basement. Val rescued Rosie from a lonely life of neglect.
7. To Val, Alfie was her “little munchkin”. Alfie is about 13 years old. Alfie likes to sneak outside and as of this minute, we are still trying to catch him and bring him indoors. We're setting a trap for Alfie in the back yard tonight.
We'll have an update on Sandy, Rosie and Alfie soon. And we pray that we can fine new homes before the cats are evicted from Val's house. Thank you for any support that you can give.