As a not-for-profit organisation, UA's funding has been severely affected by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Following government guidance on health and safety, our small team is currently working from home. So far we have been able to continue remotely with our core activities of organising The Global Undergraduate Awards Programme and hosting the UA Global Summit, however other ancillary tasks have proven to be more challenging with limited resources.
Unfortunately, this has meant that we have been unable to make significant progress with the maintenance and upkeep of The Undergraduate Library, which is currently offline. Your help and support will enable us to complete the necessary updates and restore the library.
The Undergraduate Library
The Undergraduate Library is an open access library dedicated to the preservation and exhibition of all award-winning entries of The Global Undergraduate Awards Programme. All Highly Commended Entrants , Regional Winners and Global Winners are eligible to have their winning entry archived within library.
The Undergraduate Library is a valuable resource that is integral to our mission to recognise top undergraduate work, share this work with a global audience, and connect students across cultures and disciplines.
The free and open access nature of the library serves to give students a platform to have their award-winning work published digitally and hopefully as inspiration to prospective entrants submitting their work for consideration.
How you can help
1)If you are in the position to do so, we would appreciate a donation* of any amount.
2) Please help us share this donation link with your network and others interested in our mission.
3) Please inform any students you know who are eligible of the opportunity to submit to The Global Undergraduate Awards 2021 Programme .
4) Please inform any academic staff you know of the opportunity to join as a judging panellist in the 2021 UA Judging Process .
5) Contact our Executive Director, Dr. Garret Maher if you or your organisation is interested in becoming a sponsor of The Global Undergraduate Awards.
*All donations of €20 or more will be entered into a draw to win a free ticket to attend the UA Global Summit 2021.
What your donation will fund
Your donation will go solely towards funding the update and restoration of The Undergraduate Library. We will work in conjunction with a web developer to:
1) Retrieve and archive all entries from the library.
2) Update the database of all entries to be exhibited.
3) Update the user interface of the library for ease of access and use.
4) Upload all entries to be exhibited and all associated metadata.
Your support and generosity is greatly appreciated in these challenging times.
- Carol Taddeo
- Terence O'Rourke
- Yang Yu Peh
- Ying Kai Loh
- Elaine Caffrey
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more