At Grown to help we empower the most vulnerable families selected in partnership with the local government; their vulnerabilities are in different categories such as Gender Based Violence victims, Single Moms whose husbands left because of poverty, Grand-Mothers whose Sons died and in law daughters left their kids, Adolescents who happen to be teen moms during covid-19 pandemic, HIV Positive families, children included. their vulnerability increased during covid-19 pandemic, where some of them don't have shelter, their casual jobs have stopped, they can't afford food, health services including family planning.
We support them through five (5) projects:
1. EDUCATION: We support children from beneficiary families with school-fees, scholastic materials and other related supplies, and we empower them mentally in order to increase their academic performance.
2. GBV & SRHR / HEALTH: We training our beneficiaries in gender-based violence actions and support them in addressing related issues. We training them also in sexual and reproductive health and rights, as well as on the appropriate menstrual hygiene, we make them aware of the use of contraceptive and birth control methods by explaining the associated benefits to them. We also support women and girls with menstrual sanitary products.
3. NUTRITION: Together with the parents having malnourished children we exchange visits in the villages, to learn from other families, by conducting cooking demonstration on a balanced, healthy, and affordable diet. We also teach and support beneficiary families to construct household kitchen gardens. We also support families with HIV positive and malnourished individuals with healthy foodstuffs to complement their meal, and assist them in getting access to related drugs.
4. WASH: We promote an improved health and hygiene culture by training people on appropriate hygiene practices, support beneficiary families with household water treatment options, Provide hygienic materials such as soaps, basins, buckets.
5. ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT: We improve our beneficiary’s economic status by training them in financial literacy, Saving and Internal Lending Associations (SILAs). We support our beneficiaries in vocation training and with start-up kits, to help them start their own businesses.
Funding this cause will provide prompt responses towards the achievement of our organization's primary objective of making our beneficiary families economically sustainable.
For more details visit our website : www.growntohelp.org
- Jean Jacques Ndungutse
Your donation matters
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more