My parents, Alan and Dale Shuttleworth, lost their home on August 6, 2021 during the first day of the River Fire in Colfax, CA. They helped build it in 1981 as their forever home near the Bear River. It was a joyful place where they raised me (I'm Jay) and my sister, Victoria. It has been a continuous, happy, and loving family center.
This loss is sadness upon sadness for all of us.
The family lost everything. Alan and Dale survived the fire with what they were wearing, the contents of the car they were driving, and Dottie the cat. Lost in the fire are a lifetime of irreplaceables like generations of photo albums, family histories, and things like our great grandfather's World War I keepsakes, and heirlooms from all of our childhoods.
Please consider helping them to start putting their lives back together.
Below are some pictures.
Alan and Dale celebrate their 56th anniversary at the house.
Enjoying the Olympics in the kitchen
They lived in this home for 40 years.
My mom, Dale, and me in the kitchen.
Even the bears loved this home.
Alan at the home in happier times.
DonationsSee top donations
- John Blaydes
- Linda Yaffe
- Brian McInnis
- Charlene daniels
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more