Cathy and Ric, as well as their two adult children and spouses, seven grandchildren, and four dogs, were forced to evacuate and lost most if not all of their belongings to the storm.
They are currently traveling from hotel to hotel, trying to piece their lives together, and will need funds for their immediate shelter, food and medical needs, in addition to supporting their rebuilding when they are able to return home.
Their immediate losses included:
- Three houses made unlivable due the storm
- Cathy's work as a counselor (her office was destroyed)
- Ric's work as a minister (his church was severely damaged)
- Their son unable to work as a entrepreneur/caterer and his wife’s insurance company closed
- Their daughter unable to work as an RN when her hospital was structurally damaged from the storm and a spouse who must return to the Gulf of Mexico oil fields within weeks despite the need to begin cleanup/rebuild and care for their young family
The photos here show the actual state of one of their houses. Please help them in this time of dire need, as they have helped so many others through their kindness and compassion. Every donation helps!
Funds will be directly put towards their immediate shelter, food, medical needs, as well as the cost of rebuilding their family's homes when they are able to return. Withdrawals are paid directly form this campaign to Cathy and Ric Connor, who are sharing amongst the children and grandchildren.
Donate via GoFundMe with credit or debit card. Donate via PayPal to [email redacted].
- Catherine Tomasi (daughter, Philadelphia), William Maier (cousin, Annapolis/Berlin) and family and friends of the Connors everywhere
DonationsSee top donations
- Cherie Tidwell
- Frederick Kopp
- Pam, Greg & Scott MacDougal
- Kathryn Addison
- Patricia Hallman
Fundraising team: Connor Family & Friends (3)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more