Please meet Willow (aka Will) *waves*!She is approximately 14-weeks and we guess she is a Boxer (mix?).Will needs your help. She has enlarged/inflamed kidneys and we need further testing.
She is at a Vet now and coming home today (July 25th) in a few hours. We have discussed the best treatment options and decided that Will could have a fighting chance if we can do more tests and gather information!TREATMENT
Tomorrow (July 26th) we have scheduled an ultrasound at 8am so we can see what we are dealing with further. The vet agreed this was a smart choice, and she confirmed this is what she would do for her own dog!The vet thinks it may be one of two things:1. Congenital Kidney Disease2. A kidney injury (treatable!)3. Acute Kidney Disease (treatable!)
The ultrasound tomorrow will cost $650 and we anticipate about $600-800 more in expensive.Congenital Kidney Disease Diagnosis
If it is a congenital kidney disease, there is not much we can do, unfortunately. We would schedule follow-up appointments to monitor the progression of the kidney disease and go from there. There is no cure.Kidney Injury & Kidney Disease Diagnosis
Dogs typically require hospitalization, fluid therapy, medications and a renal diet. Some dogs recover fully, while others may eventually progress to chronic kidney disease. Unlike acute kidney disease, the chronic form is present for months to years. We have 5 dogs and two that need pills twice daily. We are skilled (previously Vet techs), so continuing care wouldn't be an issue!
There is no way we can tell what his happening with Will without furthering testing, which - as we ALL know - is expensive.
We are reaching out to friends and family to help in ANY way they can with Will's vet bills! If you can't donate, please SHARE with groups and friends on Facebook.With your help we can give Will a fighting chance!
Thank you for your kindness, hope, and generosity.
Chelsey, Lauren & Stanley