- C
- J

Help Save Jupiter: Emergency Vet Costs
0% complete
$515 raised of
12 donations
Hello my name is Venus and my chocolate lab Jupiter fell ill on Wednesday night. Jupiter turns 3 on November 29th, she is the sweetest and kindest baby who loves everything edible and her chest and elbows scratched. She began vomiting all day through Thursday and through Friday morning, refusing all food and all water until our vet opened for us to bring her in. They ran blood tests and checked for pancreatitis, everything in those tests came back normal. They also took an xray and couldn’t see anything. After this first visit we were out about $700. She was sent home with medicine and we were told to monitor her at home, if she got any worse to take her immediately in to an emergency vet. She got home, still refusing water and food and began having diarrhea. She began declining quickly and we decided to take her in to the emergency vet at around 11pm halloween night. After about 5 hours we got seen and she was hospitalized and put on an IV. They wanted to run more x rays and an ultrasound to check more throughly for a potential blockage, but we needed to wait and see if the IV solved the problem first as with the extra tests we were going to be out $2,400. This visit ended up being about $1,300, just with the IV and about 15 hours of hospitalization. She got admitted around 4am and was sent home around 7pm with some more medicine, she had improved and was showing interest in some food and water with a little more energy. She had not thrown up since Friday after she saw our normal vet and they gave her an anti nausea injection, and she had not had diarrhea since early Friday night. She ate some food once we got home and drank, and things were looking better. Soon after, though she developed severe diarrhea and became lethargic once again. She again started refusing any food and water. I was up every hour as she was having a pretty constant bout of diarrhea. The emergency vet told me to wait and see how she was in the morning, and morning came and she was no better. At around 8am this morning (sunday) we decided to take her back in, because she began vomiting up undigested food from last night. We are currently at the emergency vet waiting to get her re hospitalized and have them run the x rays and ultrasounds to hopefully identify what we are assuming now is an intestinal blockage. It is going to be at least $2,400, just to get the diagnostics done and locate the problem. That is the lower end cost as they will need to do more complicated testing if they still can’t locate the issue through xrays/ultrasound. The next step after they locate what we are now pretty sure is the intestinal blockage is emergency surgery, which will be another major bill. We do not have enough money to cover these next hospital bills, and we will be needing to finance. Anything helps support our family as we throw everything we have towards trying to save Jupiter’s life. Thank you for taking your time to read this all, even just sharing the link means more than you know.
Organizer and beneficiary
Grant Klein
Beneficiary


