Help Resettle Afghan Refugees
Thousands of Afghans refugees are arriving by the day into the United States.
These Afghan refugees left Afghanistan not because they wanted to, but because they had no other choice given current events.
Because of the new Taliban government, they fear for their lives. Many are U.S. allies that helped the U.S. over the past 20 years, or are minority religious and/or ethnic groups, women, and little boys and girls.
These Afghans are now calling the U.S. home with little to no resources, or even someone to rely on. Many are arriving in the U.S. with the same clothes they have worn for days and/or weeks, and their identification paperwork - nothing more!
Husayn for Humanity, a non-profit organization, has been on the front lines supporting Afghans as they arrive in Dulles, Virginia. Husayn for Humanity has a team of over 100 volunteers providing interpretation services 24 hours a day, supporting Afghans with travel and lodging (on an as-needed basis), and other necessary needs.
WJLA Abc 7 recently covered Husayn for Humanity’s efforts in helping Afghan refugees. You can view their coverage here .
Husayn for Humanity needs your financial support to help Afghan refugees arriving in the United States. The team will use funds for a variety of purposes supporting Afghans, including those listed below:
- School supplies for Afghan boys and girls as they start school.
- Clothes and other personal care necessities (e.g. feminine products, men grooming products, etc.).
- Air/local travel fares or lodging to help reunite families (e.g. Afghans who have arrived but need financial help to travel to where their family is located and do not have other financial sources to use). (Husayn for Humanity volunteers came across one Afghan green-card holder stuck at the initial intake center for 2 days because he did not have funds to travel.)
- Buy and pay for immediate medical needs and medication. (Husayn for Humanity volunteers came across an Afghan refugee who lost her contacts along the way and could not see.)
- Buy necessary items for settled Afghan refugees, such as household basics, cookware, initial set of groceries and other food necessities to help the family start out.
DonationsSee top donations
Your donation matters