On December 12, 2019, Jared woke up from a nap to his apartment ablaze. He was able to make it out of his patio door but quickly realized his dog, Charlie, was still inside. Jared went back in to get Charlie but couldn’t see through all of the black smoke and Charlie was not responding. Jared was barely able to make it back out of the building a second time. Unfortunately, Charlie didn’t make it. Jared was hospitalized for smoke inhalation and mild burns. He will be discharged from the hospital today. We are so grateful that he made it out alive.
Our brother, son, family member and friend has lost everything. He now does not even have the most basic necessities such as shoes and a jacket. Worst of all, he lost his best friend in the fire. We know it’s going to be a long road to recovery for Jared and any support that he can get is beyond appreciative. Even if it is not monetary support, reaching out, visiting, or even just a Facebook message would mean the world. Thank you for your consideration. Additional donation options include a phone, clothes, toiletries, shoes, gift cards, etc. Men’s shirts size L, men’s pants size 32, shoes size 10.5. If you are interested in sending items, please contact Amy Leferink or Jordan Weitzel on Facebook or by phone.
Please keep Jared and Charlie in your thoughts and prayers. ♥️
Here is news coverage of the incident: https://amp.kstp.com/articles/dog-killed-30-units-damaged-by-new-brighton-apartment-fire-5577397.html
- Dwight and Rita Wood
- Chuck & Deb Eckberg
- Holly Hancks
- Mary Emerson