Help Pete & Sharon rebuild their home after a fire

My friends Pete and Sharon has had their lives turned upside down following a devastating fire in their flat near Hastings in the early hours of Tuesday morning (29th Dec) 

Pete woke up at 1am to find their kitchen engulfed by flames, coming from the new oven that they got on the 18th December.

Fortunately Pete, Sharon and their 2 guinea pigs escaped unharmed, although Pete has today (2nd Jan) been taken to hospital by ambulance having turned blue and struggling to breathe.

Their flat has been ravaged by the fire and virtually everything destroyed.  They are awaiting a report from the fire brigade but it doesn't look, judging by the photos, that much of their belongings will be salvageable.

They have been rehomed in a Travel Lodge Hotel where they will have to live for at least a month.

They don't have any family who can help them out and they have no money, no food and no home. 

I know this time of year can be financially tight but even if you can spare one or a few pounds to help them out, I know that it would make a huge difference to them, as they are desperate. 

Many thanks for reading this story.



  • Beverley Sterman 
    • £10 
    • 11 d
  • Stewart Ide 
    • £10 
    • 11 d
  • Bekki O'Dell  
    • £10 
    • 14 d

Organizer and beneficiary

Bekki O'Dell 
Stantonbury, South East England, United Kingdom
Peter March 
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more