Hi everyone; Erika here.
I'm raising funds for my tenants, who were evacuated overnight on Sunday, Sept 25 due to a fire next door. Their apartments suffered smoke damage.
Although we have insurance (which will pay for cleaning and repairs) for the building, one of my tenants does not have rental insurance. She is relatively new to the region, so I thought we'd show her some Troy community love and bless her with funds to help her recover or replace her items. She is unable to stay in her apartment for at least one week, until it is thoroughly cleaned from a layer of soot.
Our other tenant does have rental insurance, thankfully, but is still inconvenienced by a fine coat of dust in his apartment (that is also being cleaned this week).
All funds will benefit these dear people.
Any size donation is welcome and appreciated! Thank you so much for your help and generosity in these trying times.
Photo: Kenneth Crowe/TIMES UNION, 2022