The evacuation happened so suddenly that they escaped with nothing but the clothes they were wearing and a small "go-bag". Later that day, they were able to return to their neighborhood only to find a burning lot left where their beautiful home once stood (see "before" picture below).
My brother and his wife are two of the most kind, generous and thoughtful people I know. Paul told me he was sad that his house burned because he and Sue had planned to help others and now they would be the ones needing help. They even had guests staying with them, who were looking to do volunteer work in the area.
As you can imagine, they will need to completely rebuild their life, piece by piece. The memorabilia is gone, but at least we can try to ease the incredibly hard road ahead of them. The funds will be available to them electronically and can be used to purchase the necessities they'll need to start a new home.
Debbie Casteel (sister to Paul) - Lodi, CA
Martha Roman (mother to Paul) - Lodi, CA
Victor King (brother to Paul) - Orting, WA
Jonathan and Lucie King (son and daughter in law) - AZ
This is the home burning on the KTLA5 news
DonationsSee top donations
- Sue Clement
- Yolanda Schardt
- Bill Morgan
- Melisa Shepherd
- Alice Wathen
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more