Main fundraiser photo

Help our building caught on FIRE. Please Help!

Donation protected

My name Montasia. 4/28/2022 our apartment building caught on fire due to a electrical problem. Our dog saved my husband life.  If it wasnt for Lola (our dog) my husband may have not made it out in time. We was able to grab a few things and go. Our insurance company coved us for 5 days in a hotel. Thanks to all the love and support we was able to keep the hotel room for a few more days, BUY more clothes, and food. Our apartment complex said that Red cross will not be able to assist us. The apartment complex have not helped any of us that lived in that building. Half of the building is destroyed, and the other half they are trying to save by patching up the roof and cleaning the carpet. They are trying to put us back in the same unit without checking the electrical wiring. We do not feel safe returning. The options we received is to return or break our lease. When it comes to the other 4 units that was destroyed, the complex is breaking their lease. If they do not sign the document they will condemn the apartments. This is not right and the manager did not show any compassion. We do have a 6 year old so staying in our car is not a option and she is not ok with going back. If you can please share this and donate if you can it will help us with a hotel,
Food, and finding a new place to call home. Thank you and we really appreciate you! 


Montasia Young
Lewisville, TX

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the GoFundMe Giving Guarantee