Help my brother, electrocuted and lost his arms
Hi, my name is Sania.
My brother Jordie was electrocuted while picking mangoes with a metal pole, in Bluefields, Nicaragua. The pole touched a high voltage (14,000V) wire that was broken and hidden in the tree. He immediately was burnt. His arms sustained the greatest injuries and needed to be amputated. The rest of his body also sustained burn injuries, and he is still in the hospital recovering. The doctors estimate he will be in the hospital for a month or longer.
I am grateful he survived but saddened that at the age of 25, he now has to live a life without his hands. Originally he thought he would only lose his hands, but during the operation, his arms were amputated below his shoulder.
I am raising these funds to help pay for his medical care. Our family is moving him to a private hospital in Nicaragua. We want him to get the care he needs, and avoid any other additional loss of limbs, or something worse. There are still concerns about the burns on his legs, and possible damage to his kidneys.
In addition to these medical costs, we hope that some of these funds could also help pay for prosthetic arms.
I thank you so much for your support and prayers.
DonationsSee top donations
Become the first supporter
Your donation matters