Murray Hill has been spreading joy and making us all laugh for over a decade and now he needs our help.
Murray's Brooklyn apartment building was severely damaged in a terrible 4-Alarm fire on Thanksgiving, which was also his 50th birthday. Murray's apartment, where he's lived for over 20 years, was devastated by smoke and water damage. The building has been evacuated and a vacate order is in place.
Thankfully, he was away for the holiday and no other residents were injured in this tragic event. Unfortunately, six firefighters were injured and 140 firefighters were on the scene to stop the fire.
Murray's apartment is uninhabitable and he will need to start over. He has lost virtually everything from the roof over his head, to furniture, electronics, clothing, years of irreplaceable showbiz memorabilia, custom-made show suits, and so much more.
Let’s help Murray get back on his feet and rebuild his world. Every donation, of any size, will help him cover the costs of relocating, furniture, appliances, clothing, rent, legal representation, storage space, bills, and more.
Murray has entertained so many of us for years. Let's help take some of the immense pressure off of him as he navigates through this heartbreaking time and give back to Mr. Showbiz. Please spread the word and share on social media.
** Also, please contact us if you know of any available apartments in the Williamsburg Brooklyn area.
Murray would like to thank the FDNY for their heroic efforts and all the neighbors who have helped out.
DonationsSee top donations
- Aughra Moon
- Michelle Cicilline
- Catherine Alcorn
- Alexa Spiegel
Fundraising team: Angie Pontani & Bridget Everett (4)
Raised $27,153 from 261 donations
Raised $64,791 from 334 donations
Raised $2,245 from 23 donations