Medical Pantry needs your help!
We are an Australian charity that collects surplus medical supplies and donates them to disadvantaged communities across the globe. We are a 100% volunteer-run organisation. Our only expense is the warehouse lease.
Unfortunately, the lease on our only warehouse ended in May. We desperately need donations quickly to find a new location to continue our programs.
Since late 2018, in our tiny 160sqm (man cave sized) warehouse in Yarraville, our team has managed to collect 55 tonnes of medical supplies and equipment. Some of the things we have achieved recently:
- Donated first aid and burns supplies to treat millions of animals injured in 2020 Australian bushfires;
- Donated syringes and needles to help the measles vaccination programs in Samoa;
- Manufactured and donated WHO grade hand sanitisers to 300 GP clinics in Melbourne that could not source their own;
- Manufactured and donated 250 aerosol hoods to protect anaesthetists and emergency physicians across Australia;
- Rebuilt hospitals in Fiji destroyed by hurricane Yasa;
- Donated Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to protect healthcare workers in India, Fiji, Malawi, PNG, Solomon Islands and Zimbabwe.
We have survived 2020 and multiple lockdowns, but now we face losing our warehouse - the epicentre of our programs. Without a warehouse, we won’t have anywhere to store supplies collected from our partners at Western Health, Eastern Health, Epworth Hospitals, St Vincent’s Private Hospitals, Peter MacCallum Hospital and Terumo.
Without a warehouse, we won’t be able to prepare medical supplies to help provide healthcare to underserved communities across the globe.
We need your help to find a new warehouse and continue our programs. If you can help, your generosity will be deeply appreciated.
Every donation of $2 or more is tax-deductible.
DonationsSee top donations
- Priti Roberts
- Anne Westwood