Although I've been doing fairly well recently, it's become apparent over the last few months that I need to make a change. I need the support network of my friends and family back in my hometown, and I need to shift hospitals to pursue different types of care.
I've made this GoFundMe because a move across the state of California, nearly 10 hours, is more than I can afford by myself. It will be hard on me mentally and physically, but there are several reasons I need to do it. It would mean the world to me to not have to struggle with finances as well.
These are the expenses I need help with:
- The cost of moving myself and my belongings.
- Deposits for renting a new home and similar costs.
- Repairs and maintenance for my car so it can make the trip safely. This is especially important; I will be relying on this car to get me to appointments and chemo treatments.
- New home purchases of household things that I won't be able to bring, like a bed, bedding, food, and other supplies.
- Winter clothing, as I'll be moving from the literal desert to a much colder area, right before winter starts. I lost almost 100 lbs due to my illness, and I have very little clothing I can wear.
- A little extra as an emergency cushion. Things go wrong, and there are a lot of opportunities for things to go wrong in an expensive way. Having a bit of "just in case" money set aside is ideal.
- Though I'm hoping this isn't the case, I might need to go up to the Chico area by plane to set up a doctor before I move, depending on how my health is. I'm factoring the cost of potentially needing plane tickets into my goal amount, just in case.
I always hesitate to ask for help, but this is one of those times I really need it. My family and friends, and everyone who has donated in the past, you've all helped me so much. It humbles me, and it also galvanizes me to keep going and fight harder. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this, and I appreciate every single donation, no matter how small. Thank you!
DonationsSee top donations
- Marie Anello
- jolee and jim arnold
- Dalton Wisnefski
- William Grimm
- Allison Fabian
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more