Unbelievably, our insurance is now refusing to even pay for the infusions necessary to give me the drug. Since they're not approving the drug, they figure they shouldn't have to cover the delivery either. We're going to keep battling with them, because what they've been doing is wrong. But the clock is ticking for me and I can't wait for months or years for the insurance to do the right thing. The infusion center has agreed to let us pay out of pocket, but each treatment is going to run well over $1000, and I'll need multiple infusions to get the disease into remission. Meanwhile I'm taking high dose steroids to stay alive, which has resulted in weight gain, cataracts, and other not very fun side effects. I'm still working, but missing a lot of days, and we've exhausted my sick time and vacation time, and blown through our life savings just trying to keep going.
I'm starting my first infusion at the end of August and then repeating into September, so it's fairly urgent. I absolutely hate to ask but we're out of options and time is running out. If you can help us in any way, it would mean a lot. Thank you so much.
DonationsSee top donations
- Jeffery Morrison
- Nicola Eilers
- Gina Rosich
- Sarah Ventre
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more