Marie's van is more than just her home. Just like you, she depends on it to travel to appointments and various places. Unlike you, Marie often must quickly relocate to places due to sudden severe adverse reactions from unexpected exposure to things like perfumes, laundry exhaust, cell towers, power lines, smart meters, smoking and the list goes on and on. If she can't escape the situation, her health rapidly declines. One example occurred when she visited a friend who unknowingly had mold in their home, Marie quickly deteriorated which resulted in her having kidney failure. So the van is quite literally a life saver for her.
Currently the van is at the side of the road with the hood up more often than not. The transmission has had more problems than she can keep track of and is now at the point it's not worth fixing. The van bills are more than Marie can afford. Also, it simply is not safe for her to continue to have her life depend on a 30 year old van when it plays such a critical role in Marie's survival. She needs a newer and more reliable van to call home so she can have a better quality of life. Here's a video of her current van https://youtu.be/fD8k5lR20bg
Despite homelessness looming, Marie continues to have laughter in her life and is able to find the good in the cards she's been dealt. She remains positive and has hope that others will step up and help her find new wheels and help to retrofit the vehicle to protect her from the things in the environment that make her so deathly ill. She also gives her time and photography/artistic skills to advocate for more awareness of EMF and MCS in an attempt to help the millions worldwide that suffer from these illnesses.
Marie urgently needs help! You can help!
There's several things you can do:
- Contribute to this fundraiser - every penny will help.
*****Want to Make a Difference This Year? Try a Facebook birthday fundraiser to donate back to this gofundme campaign.
- Tell everyone you know and share the link to it with all your contacts and ask them to help
- If you know a car dealer, ask if they will donate a van or give us a good deal
- Help us to at least raise enough funds to keep the current van operational until a newer van is obtained
- Assist with finding a newer van as Marie cannot afford to travel to find a new one. As Marie is currently in Alberta, we will need assistance to safely get her to wherever a new van is located.
- A new van will need to be customized to meet Marie's health requirements. Maybe you have the needed parts or can help pay for it.
Imagine yourself having to live out of a van. Could you do it every day of the year for years? How would you like to have to bathe in a plastic tub outside?
For more information on Marie, please see her website www.marieleblanc.net and her YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4S-jIktT9k1ymYfdlm1VEw . She has some great videos on MCS, EMF and Environmental Sensitivities.
I'm amazed how Marie stays so positive despite the life she must live because of these illnesses. I don't think I could do it but she does and always with a laugh and a smile.
We need your help! If you have other ideas to help reach the goal, please let us know.
Many thanks for your support.