Help Make the 5th Bookstore Romance Day Amazing!
Bookstore Romance Day was created in 2019 to help bring together independent bookstores and the Romance community. The response has been fantastic and we want to keep the effort going. In order to be able to do that, and to grow our celebration into the true year-round effort that we want it to be, we need support. Some of the projects that your donations will help to support include:
- Trade Shows, Conferences, and Conventions--One day, we'll be able to gather in person again. When that happens, we want to be able to send supporters out to various events to share our message of celebrating Romance fiction in independent bookstores. We'd love to be able to have bookmarks or buttons or brochures to hand out to explain our message and our mission.
- Promo and Marketing Items--We want to be able to provide participating bookstores with things like bookmarks and buttons and window clings to help them proclaim their Romance-friendly status
- Branded and Exclusive Merchandise--We're working on partnering with independently- and women-owned businesses to create wholesale items that our partner stores can sell to their customers, but small businesses can't often afford to work on spec and we don't want to ask them to and we also need to be able to pay artists for design work
- A Dedicated Computer--I've been running Bookstore Romance Day on the same laptop since it began in 2019. That laptop is outdated and no longer sufficient for our needs. I would love to be able to purchase a newer, faster laptop or desktop that can handle video/video streaming without conking out or overheating and has more memory for graphics. It would also be helpful to have a computer devoted strictly to BRD things so that if I ever take my leave from BRD, I can pass on a dedicated computer that is not filled with personal information
- Administrative Costs--While our efforts are primarily volunteer-driven, we still need to pay for things like internet and newsletter services and a virtual events platform and printing and postage and all of the other myriad expenses that accrue.
- Everything Else--Inevitably, there are expenses that we can't anticipate and it would be nice to have a little nest egg/safety net for when that occurs.
We are always and forever deeply grateful to anyone who can donate. If it's not possible for you to donate funds, but you have goods or services or time that you can give, please contact us with that information.
DonationsSee top donations
Become the first supporter
Your donation matters