On Saturday 8/18, while dropping Brittany off after work, we heard people screaming....FIRE! Looking up we saw clouds of smoke rising from their apartment building. Their roof was on fire and it quickly became a 5 alarm fire.
Thankfully Brittany and Leo got themselves, their dog Winnie, and bunny rabbit Uhura out to safety.
Many hours later they were allowed to look in their apartment, very briefly, as the ceiling was crumbling down everywhere. The floor had 5 or 6 inches of chemical laden water and every surface was damaged.
Leo and Brittany lost all of their material possessions and need our help to rebuild their life and home for themselves and Winnie and Uhura.
As you all know their professional work equipment is vital to their livelihood and is very expensive to replace. This includes specialized computers, CAD systems, multiple monitors, etc.
While many, many things can never be replaced, they are truly having to start from scratch with everything.
Additionally they will have to find a new place to live, and all that goes with it.
It was determined the cause of the fire was a lightening strike to the building. One act of Mother Nature has deeply affected the lives of Brittany and Leo. ANY amount that you can donate would be much appreciated, and used to rebuild their household.
DonationsSee top donations
- Giselle Charles
- Michael Herm
- Jeff MacDonald
- Carolina Concha
- Christine Lyle
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more