Help Legend Daishaun Smalls in his recovery!
On Wednesday March 3, 2021, my sister Daisha and 1 year-old nephew Legend were carjacked by an armed assailant who was actively being chased by the Houston Police Department (HPD). After my sister finished pumping gas at a local Houston gas station, the assailant jumped into her car and pointed a gun at my sister’s face. Despite my sister screaming and hollering that her baby, my nephew, was in the car they opened fire anyway hitting the baby in the head. Currently my nephew is in the ICU undergoing medical treatment. My nephew has a long road to recovery, and we are raising funds to support his medical care. A portion of these funds will also go to support my sister who is Legend’s primary caretaker. 100% of the funds raised on this site will go to Ms. Smalls. NO PART OF THESE FUNDS WILL BE USED TOWARDS LEGAL FEES.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Who am I and how am I related to the Daisha and Legend? My name is Quellan Lancaster, and I am the brother to Daisha and the Uncle to 1 year old Legend.
2. Can I contribute to family’s legal fund? No. While our family appreciates your generosity, my family is unable to accept money for legal fees. All funds designated for such purposes will be returned.
3. Are there other ways I can contribute to the Smalls family? Yes. You can send any contributions, card or well-wishes to the Daisha Smalls by mail at:
Ben Crump Law, PLLC
122 S. Calhoun Street
Tallahassee, FL 32301
Attn: Adner Marcelin
Please note that all checks, cashier’s checks and/or money orders must be made payable to: Daisha Smalls
4. How will the funds be transferred to the family? 100% percent of funds raised through this site will be transferred to Daisha Smalls, in an account designated by Ms. Smalls. The funds will be managed and spent at Ms. Smalls’ sole discretion. Ms. Smalls will have 100% ownership rights of all funds collected here.
- 5. Who can I call if I have questions about this fund & whom should inquiries be directed to? If anyone needs further information or has concerns about this campaign, please contact Adner Marcelin, of Ben Crump Law, PLLC. Members of the general public may email [email redacted]. All media personnel must send their request to [email redacted] using their official work e-mail. Any non-media request sent to this email will be discarded.
DonationsSee top donations
Organizer and beneficiary