We've lost revenue (see below) due to the Covid-19 crisis and don't see an end in sight for awhile. We will use the funds raised to pay bills and keep on the air during these uncertain times.
1. Lost advertising revenue from clients closing down business for public safety and health policies or cutting “non-essential” expenses.
2. Lost advertising revenue from clients who cannot pay their bill due to their own lost revenue.
3. Lost revenue from Whip event cancellations and non-refundable deposits, event costs and printing.
4. Lost revenue from advertisers’ cancelled events.
1. The station and Auntie Industries issued full refunds for all our cancelled events. Standard policy on ticket refunds with most companies is a refund for the price of the ticket and not the associated fees. Because of the unusual circumstances with our current health crisis, we refunded the full amount to our customers.
2. The internet streaming service from HMC, our streaming company, became unusable. It was down frequently and they would not respond to any of our support tickets or emails. They had taken their telephone off the hook. Luckily, we were able to connect with EBS (Empowered Business Solutions), a more expensive but far superior product than what we had previously with HMC.
3. After months of deteriorating service that caused audio dropouts for our listeners, we learned our ISP is filing bankruptcy. We switched to a more expensive internet service provider that is working well (so far).
The good news is our audio sounds better than ever thanks to our two new internet services. But we are paying premium prices for them.
Internet services, utilities, music licensing, Verizon cell phone service that includes hotspot internet connection, normal office expenses.
And we just want to note that we appreciate and love our advertisers who are sticking it out with us during this health crisis. They are scrambling to reinvent or expand their businesses to adapt to the times, too, and we hope to be able to continue spreading the word for them.
- Phyllis W Williams
- Brian Cox
- Scott Duckwitz
- Joseph Murtaugh
- David Tietz
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more