Help Katherine Monroe Beat Cervical Cancer

About Kathrine Monroe: - She's in her mid 40's (if you ask her she's still 29) - a hard worker and has worked for over 10 years for the same company - mom of 3 girls and 1 boy -raised her niece since she was 7 years old - Has 1 granddaughter who's 7 years old - helped raise food for food drived and walked the relay for Life at community events - a Taurus so you know she's hard headed and willing to fight - loves her family, her cats named Ace and Solo and her puppy, Kai. The Shocking news  May 29th I meet my mom at the Doctor's office for a routine pap smear, it was going to be her first one in 19 years. I got there a little late only to be told I had to sit in the waiting room because the doctor was already in there with her and her boyfriend, Michael. It took forever until they came out, only for me to see my mom in a wheel chair and we were told to get her to the Emergency Room As fast as we could. She had started to lose copious amounts of blood during the exam. We rushed to the E.R where they proceeded with a 2nd pelvic exam where she again started to bleed out. They took her back to her an mri and attempted a vaginal ultrasound. They news wasnt great. They said she had to be transported by ambulance to Cox South in Springfield, Missouri and to be prepared for bad news. On May 30th 2019 my mom, Kathrine Monroe, was shockingly diagnosed with a rare advanced stage cervical cancer. She had 6 blood transfusions in a short amount of time and a biopsy surgery. Her hemoglobin was at a 3.5 and it was supposed to be at a 13. She had 1/4 of the amount of blood she was supposed to have! -- I'd also like to add that this was my sister's birthday.--- Her Doctor is one of the best specialists in this area for oncology. ●He said this case was rare because he had never seen a case so far advanced before being caught.  The cancer was in her cervix and the tumor was 10cm large (that's the size your cervix dilates to when giving birth). Her uterus and her pelvic lymph nodes were also cancerous and it was in a few of the lymph nodes that surround some of the vertebrae in her back. It was inoperable.  My mom was in the hospital for 10 days and had recieved her first round of double chemotherapies before she was released from the hospital.  The Treatment Plan Once she was released we had to return to Springfield, which is a 45 minute drive for us, every 3 weeks for her to receive her double round of chemotherapy. Her sessions called for long days. We were usually the first ones there in the morning and the last ones there in the evenings. It typically took 9 hours from start to finish. Her first visit to the cancer center was preceded by a surgery to place a port into her chest so that she wouldn't have to be stabbed repetitively all over her body each time she needed treatment. She recieved 6 rounds of double chemo. By the 2nd or 3rd round she had started to loose all of her hair. She started to become very sick and nauseous. By the 5th chemo she started having allergic reactions to something in the medicines. They started giving her more benadryl and giving her oxygen because her body was fighting the chemo and the treatments stopped working.  - They decided to try radiation in her pelvic region. She endured 5 weeks (25 sessions) of radiation, riding to and from springfield every day, monday through friday.  They attempted to continue to try to do the chemo, by knocking one off the regiment but they had to stop because she continued to have the allergic reaction and it was just getting worse. The Insurance After waiting for months and months my mom was finally approved for missouri Medicaid and social security disability.  She has been unable to work since the beginning of May, when she started feeling very weak (due to internal blood lose).  They had to really struggle and fight for the state to accept her for insurance. Once it finally came in that she would be covered they refused to cover the last 3 days of May when the majority of the expenses incurred. She is being charged for all of the tests, exams, room stays, transfusions and ambulance ride that she had to do to save her life.  January 2020 Status Mom's latest CT scan showed that there had been progress made by the treatments she has received over the last several months. Unfortunately since she was unable to continue with the chemotherapies all the areas that were not being radiated have not progressed in a positive way and she needs to being a treatment again as soon as possible. She has been in intense pain for months, having a hard time sitting up to eat, or even walking around the house.  She has lost almost 60lbs since this all started and is below 120lbs. The Doctor said that if we can not get a head of this then it will take her life. Her Doctor had suggested a trial treatment down in Houston, Texas that he felt would give her a better chance of being cured. After much discussing my mom had made plans to get transported down there if the clinic
  • Jennifer Finch  
    • $50 
    • 21 mos
  • Yaz Najera 
    • $40 
    • 22 mos
  • Lezlie Bicknell 
    • $20 
    • 22 mos
  • Justin Jared 
    • $100 
    • 22 mos
  • Sergi Jaramillo 
    • $50 
    • 23 mos
See all


Harlee King 
Branson, MO
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more