We need your help to stay open! We've offered free programming for three years, and served hundreds of local kids, and now we're asking you to help us keep it going.
Journey Youth Creative supports the digital and online needs of kids - from accessibility to mentorship, business building, and for some, a safe space; without economic barriers attached.
Kids have so much to offer to the world - we believe in the power that they hold, and know that they will do cool things if they're empowered and supported. At Journey Youth Creative, we are here to give them the support they need in order to be exactly who they want to be. Journey is run by kids, with kids, for kids, with adult support.
- Journey Youth Creative will be a social enterprise, eventually with locations in rural communities across Alberta.
- We will be led by a youth executive, mentored by retired community members and supported by an Executive Director.
- We will help youth build their own businesses and connect with the community to sell their products. Specifically, we will help with digital opportunity and digital business building.
- We will provide free programs for kids 6+ to experience the awesomeness of social media and gaming in a safe and mentored space.
- We will generate income through paid programs, while maintaining a Pay-What-You-Can model.
- We will create a self-sustaining model that will not rely on grant funding, but rather cooperative business enterprise.
- We will maintain a model of inclusivity and brave, safe spaces.
- We will provide opportunities for community organizations to build their digital resources by working with JYC kids.
- We will provide coaching for kids and their adults.
Funds raised will go directly to paying coaches wages, lease payments, tech and program supplies.