Josh’s CF doctors are back to recommending that we get connected with a Lung Transplant Center and he get on the transplant list. We will be scheduling to reconnect with University Transplant Center at University Hospital San Antonio. Josh was evaluated there in early 2016 and we really liked the transplant doctor, but he has since left.
Although we WILL establish ourselves with the transplant team and educate ourselves (again) on all that lung transplantation entails, Josh is still desirous to EXHAUST ALL OTHER RESOURCES before making such a serious decision.
Josh’s doctor from Hope Wellness Clinic (in San Angelo and operates also in Acuna, Mexico) has informed Josh about a treatment he thinks could be LIFE CHANGING for Josh… (umbilical cord) STEM CELL TREATMENT. Let me give you a few AWESOME insights about this particular stem cell treatment –
- Stem cell treatment is FDA approved and practiced in the U.S.
- Umbilical cord stem cells are DONATED by mothers through the hospital where they deliver their baby. Mothers can also choose to keep their umbilical cord stem cells in case their child ever needs treatment in the future… this is called “umbilical cord banking” and has become quite popular. (*the stem cells and their source are completely ethical)
- These stem cells will be administered by IV and the treatment can be done in just one day!
- Once in your system, stem cells repopulate every 48 hours, seeking out areas in your body that need repair, and altering (“healing”) them at a cellular level.
- LUNGS and eyes are the top two organs benefited from these stem cells. Studies and cases show that they help lungs regain elasticity. CF causes Josh’s lungs to become HARD and rigid, so this could REALLY help reverse/alter this!
Dr. Hines has been using stem cell treatment at his facility for about a year and has seen major improvements in his patients. He is eager for Josh to try it and is hopeful it can help.
In Josh’s research, he came across the story of a man with CF who received stem cell treatments. After receiving the stem cells, this CFer went several years without a hospitalization and attributed this to the treatment. He felt that stem cell treatment gave him 3 extra years of life before needing a transplant. He was receiving his stem cell treatments at a VERY HIGH cost in another country and could not afford to keep up the treatments. Had he been able to continue those treatments, he believes he could have gone without the transplant for much longer.
Josh was really encouraged to hear this man’s testimony and is now ready to try stem cells for himself. We feel the time is right.
We hope you will PARTNER WITH US IN PRAYER as we seek to raise funds for Josh’s treatment. This may be the turning point we’re looking for and Josh’s NEW New Year’s Resolution might be quickly becoming reality. If you feel so inclined, we would GREATLY APPRECIATE your financial blessing to help us reach our fundraising goal. We are SO thankful for each of you and we are reminded of God’s goodness at every turn. Through you, we feel His blessings in a very special way.
The time is now to HELP JOSH GET STEM CELL TREATMENT
Please share Josh’s special story and our fundraiser with others via media, email, church, prayer lists, etc. Thank You!
DonationsSee top donations
- Sheryl Borgfeld
- Brittany Werner
- Joshua Wikman
- Amy Wood
- Rhonda Ledbetter
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more