On Saturday August 25, the ground floor unit next door to Jim Sears’ apartment in Beaver Bench in Avon caught fire. Jim ran over to try to put out the fire, but it had already spread to the upstairs units. Jim was able to get out of his unit with the clothes on his back, and his computer bag. Everything in his unit was damaged by smoke and water. Much will be lost.
Jim is living in temporary housing; he has had to purchase everything for his daily needs (toiletries, clothing, kitchen items, etc) until he knows what can be rescued from his old apartment.
It is unclear at this point what can be recovered and what will have to be replaced, but he has to have clothing, and other items for work, and eat out many meals until he can get back into his apartment.
Jim’s friends have set up this page to assist with these needs during the months it will take to gut and rebuild his apartment.
DonationsSee top donations
- julianne DeSevo
- Judith Pearce
- Inger Brandal
- Betsy Cochrane
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more