Doctors discovered he was suffering from a bacterial infection called Necrotising fasciitis - a deadly flesh-eating bug.
This was caused simply from a small cut on his finger which he did at work - something that happens almost daily when you are doing physical labour. This cut allowed the bacterial infection to enter his body.
After receiving surgery at the Traralgon Hospital to remove the dead tissue that the infection had already killed, doctors decided he needed to be airlifted straight to the Alfred Hospital. Jeff has so far had a quarter of the flesh and muscle in his torso removed to cut out the dead tissue. They are now giving him hyperbaric chamber treatments twice a day to help stop the infection spreading and to also treat his large open wound. Jeff has been in an induced coma since early Monday morning (6th November)
Jeff’s family live in Moe, a 2 hour drive from the Alfred. We are raising money for family accomodation close to the hospital and medical bills. Anything helps. Please share.
This page is managed by Jeff’s daughter, Stephanie and her partner Ash
Any donations received will be spent on long term accommodation close to the hospital and bills that need to be covered as Jeff will not be able to return to manual labour.
DonationsSee top donations
- Rebecca Stephebs
- Linda Davies
- Anne and glenn Moore
- Joe & Katie Schembri
- Kerin Templeton
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more