Many of the rural areas in Cameroon have been devasted by violent extremest over the past few years. Jenny and I had the privilege of working in the past with some humanitarian and education initiatives.
We were extremely heartbroken to hear that many of our friends have been killed, the villages we work in destroyed, and thousands of children displaced as refugees in their own country without a school.
We know that through the love and care of our community, Holman's can fundraise to build a school this winter in Cameroon. It only takes $30,000 Canadian dollars to fundraise a school for 200 students. During the current crises, these schools will benefit many more children. The breakdown of the $30,000 is this:
- 2 classroom school building: $22 000
- PTA Teacher: $40/ month ($480/ year)
- Uniforms: $7 each ($1400 for a school of 200 students)
- Text books: $24 each set ($4800 for a school of 200 students)
Take a moment to listen to this song that these children prepared for Jenny and I on our visit to Cameroon in 2009. The video is not clear but their joy of life and their hope in Canada is evident through their voices.
Our goal is to fundraise $30,000 through an ongoing (and from the start of the season), 5% of our sales to this project, direct funds from customer donations, and corporate sponsors.
- Broderick Family
- Holman's Ice Cream Parlour
- December Customer Direct Donations
- Holman's Ice Cream Parlour Percentage of December Sales
- Landale Farms Ltd