We're headed to the World Championship!
2022–2023 is Technophobia's fifth year competing. Thanks to being the first pick in the Winning Alliance, we're heading to the World Championship in April!
We're all very excited, but we're also hard at work improving our robot and raising funds for our trip. Our fundraising goal is $9,000, which would help to cover travel, lodging, meals, uniforms, and pit decorations for the duration of the competition. Any amount is greatly appreciated and will make a difference in our journey to represent East Peoria Stem at the World Championships in Houston.
YouTube and Facebook: @technophobiaftc
Technophobia is a five-year-old team made up of 8th graders through seniors in high school. The younger generation is mentored by the older students in learning the hands-on skills and soft skills needed to be leaders in their community. First Tech Challenge (FTC) teams are challenged to design, build, program, and operate robots to compete in a head-to-head challenge in an alliance format.
Throughout the year, the team not only makes a robot to compete in FTC but also performs numerous forms of outreach, both within and outside of the STEM community.
A few of our outreach activities this year include:
- Teaching Girl Scouts for one of their badges at two different meetings
- Teaching People at the Fondulac Library about FTC and FLL
- Riverfront Museum Engineering Day
- Recruiting at our High Schools Freshman night
- Showing what we do in FTC on our school's news broadcast Inside the Tribe
- Demonstrating for Junior High students
- Volunteering at South Side Mission
- Boys and Girls Club presentation
- Key Club Easter Egg fundraiser
- Helping with an Eagle Project to repair trails at a summer camp that serves low-income youth
- Volunteering at the festival of lights parade
- Talking with Mechanical Dropbears from Australia
- Hosting a season kickoff
Our season highlights this year include the following:
- Winning Alliance Captain at IL Peoria Western Qualifier
- Innovate Award at Qualifier
- 2nd runner-up for the Control award at Qualifier
- Set state record score at the 1st competition (163), 3rd competition (242)
- Winning Alliance, 1st picked team at IL State Championship (Binary Bullets, Techno, Newton Busters)
- 3rd place for Innovate Award
- Advanced to World Championship!
- New personal best score of 244 in Finals Match 1
- We have four of the top eight scores in Illinois
- Kimberly Martin
- Gregory Wilson
- Linda Gavin
Fundraising team (2)
East Peoria, IL
East Peoria Stem
Donations are typically 100% tax deductible in the US.
Raised $1,860 from 27 donations
This team raised $2,540 from 38 other donations.