Help for Plainwell Resident, Lost Home in Fire

A housefire in Plainwell, Michigan on November 12th has devastated 3 households consisting of 5 adult occupants, 4 of whom are disabled, as cold weather approaches. The house is a total loss, and the homeowner's insurance had recently been canceled due to the primary heating source being a wood stove.

Each affected household is being treated as separate by help agencies, thus each has a separate gofundme account. This one is for an occupant who suffers from muscular dystrophy.  Please consider contributing to help her with the transition period as she seeks a new home.

Red Cross provided her with one night in a hotel. We are trying to secure emergency housing for her as soon as possible. These funds will help her with first month's rent/security deposit, food, clothing, toiletries, gas, etc. If you are able to donate any amount it would be so greatly appreciated, and if not please share this post.

From the occupant:
Our house burned down due to a fire that started in the woodstove. Home owners did not have insurance, we lost everything. Donations needed to secure immediate temporary housing, clothes, shoes, toiletries, food, etc. Please share to social media!

Donations

  • Cindy Reese 
    • $25 
    • 15 d
  • Anonymous 
    • $200 
    • 16 d
  • Anonymous 
    • $200 
    • 16 d
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 16 d
  • Christian Madsen 
    • $20 
    • 16 d
See all

Organizer

Kosher Ketosis 
Organizer
Grand Rapids, MI
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more