In the wee hours of November 21st, 2022, the home of Dawne Morris and her boys, Chance and Kingston, was destroyed by fire. It appears to have been arson, and the fire department and police are investigating. Unfortunately, Dawne did not have contents insurance, and at first they were afraid that they had lost everything. However, once the fire department allowed her access to her unit, she discovered that she will be able to salvage most of their clothes, and likely all the memorable things, along with kitchen stuff, since the fire didn't go inside. There is smoke and water damage, and some furniture will need to be replaced. And most importantly, she will have to find another place to live for between 6-12 months, as this is the estimated time for restoration. Thankfully she was able to grab her computer, stethoscope and UFV uniforms and textbooks.
As a community, we want to reach out and help this dear family to recover by assisting them financially as they find a new temporary home.