“I am Lucky to be Alive!”
That was what Eric said when he returned to work after a devastating fire ripped through the house he was renting with his cousin.
On Easter Sunday, Eric Scouler (a developer from ClearCare in Sarnia) fell victim to a house fire. While he was sleeping, an electrical fault started a fire in the hot water tank in the basement. Eric woke up choking on the fumes that were quickly filling up his bedroom. In his state of shock, Eric grabbed his ClearCare Mac (first instinct!), his wallet and ran out of the house. It took not more than 60 seconds to escape.
Even though the firefighters arrived at the scene within minutes, the fire engulfed most of the house. Eric lost all of his material possessions but was very fortunate to be able to escape along with his 2 beloved cats (Tool and Ribbon) without being injured or experiencing smoke inhalation. One of his cats (Tool) had to be given some oxygen to be revived. Tool is doing great now!
The hardest part for Eric was having to stand, watching helplessly, as the fire was taking over everything he called “home”. And then feeling the overwhelming sense of worries and sadness that came afterwards.
We are hoping to raise some funds to help Eric get a fresh start as his tenant's insurance will cover only up to $15,000 minus expenses. Eric needs to buy everything from new clothes to furniture and appliances.
You can help Eric to start from fresh now by giving to our campaign!
Thank you so much in advance for your compassion and kindness.
Eric’s Friends at ClearCare
- Joanne Dunn
- Pranav Dave
- Jayne Patterson
- Lakeisha Coston-Nhep
Fundraising team: ClearCare Team (4)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more