*updated* She was in hospital from Monday 23rd until Friday 4th December, being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning and is extremely lucky to be alive!
She is now living with us until her flat is back to a liveable condition. The improvement in her in just one week has been amazing and she is slowly getting better, ready for her 95th birthday on Christmas day!
My nanny is so special to us and, as we have recently found out from her neighbours, also really special to members of her community that asked if they could do anything to help raise funds for her. This is something we hadn’t even thought of ourselves as so much had been going on, but looking at the state of her bedroom (where the fire started) there is nothing left.
Nanny won’t be going back to that flat until we can make sure there is no trace of the fire as it would just break her heart, having lived there for over 70 years!
Any crowdfunding will help towards the cost of a new bed, furniture for her bedroom & front bedroom as well as any cleaning that needs to be done too.
This year has been an awful one for many, nanny especially, in August she spent 6 weeks in hospital with a torn gall bladder, twisted bowel and pneumonia and had only recently started to ‘feel like myself again’, so this has been a major blow to her and it would be amazing to show her she has lots of support and that people really do care about her.
Thank you all so much.
The Rickmans - Natalie & Ollie (grandchildren) Barrie (son) & Maggie (daughter in law)
- Julie Davis
- Waynfletestreet Earlsfieldtogether
- Linda Lee-White
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more