Help find a cure for Phoenix the Pomeranian

UPDATE SEPTEMBER 25TH :

Firstly, I have added new photos of little Phoenix, from right before she left the vet, as well as a screenshot of her current vet bill, which is now up to 3,000$ and she is not done. So, what has been done additionally to what is posted below, is she was testing for autoimmune disease (IMHA) and that came back negative. She was hospitalized from monday, to today, Sept 25th and i needed to pull her out for lack of funds. She is currently with a friend who is a retired nurse and is able to stay with her and monitor her as I unfortunately am unable to that right now with work and I prefer to keep her away from my other dogs in case she is infectious. She has been in an emergency clinic in Ottawa since her admission, which means high costs. I will have her back with me in a couple days, we are waiting to see if the treatments for hookworms, coccidia and giardia will start taking effect and we are  especially also waiting for more funding, The next step for her is an ultrasound to examine her internal organs to determine if she may have a liver shunt, pancreatitis, so that will allow a few different checks, but the cost of that testing is 1,000$, which means her fund would need to  reach 2,000$ as quickly as possible in case she crashes from no longer being on the IV at the vet. Unfortunately, this morning's update was not positive. She has developed jaundice and a heart murmur as side effects of everything else she is going through. 

The vets were suggesting i put her down, they have said she is quite sick and weaker than when she came in. When i saw her, she was looking BETTER than when she came in, most likely thank to her blood sugar levels being normal thanks to IV and the blood transfusion. What is urgent right now, is testing her further as her anemia is quite severe and she had dropped from 30 to 20 in only 12 hours, which is very concerning and life threatening.

42265710_1569463421827423_r.jpeg

42265710_1569463410832166_r.jpeg

42265710_1569463294325130_r.jpeg_________________________

This is Phoenix, a 5 month old Pomeranian girl who came home 2 weeks ago. She initially seemed fine and slept in a playpen with a playmate. A week later, when I started keeping her separate, I noticed she had not been eating, so I started offering her canned food instead of dry kibble. She refused the canned food so I offered her cooked chicken which she accepted one day but started refusing afterwards. She eventually started losing strength and was taken in to the vet on Monday, September 23rd and was considered to be in critical condition, with very low blood sugar and severe anemia so she has been hospitalized since her admission.

The vet does not know why she is refusing to eat, she has been on IV fluids since her admission to help with the low blood sugar, they are feeding her through a syringe to get some calories in her. On Monday night they took her off the IV as her blood sugar levels were high and she crashed again in the morning, her levels being even lower than at admission, which is not normal as she was being fed along with the glucose, which should maintain her levels. 

So far she has been hospitalized 24 hours and her current vet bill covers hospitalization until tomorrow, September 25th at 6pm. She has had a blood transfusion today to help with the anemia and has been dewormed and given treatment for coccidia and giardia to rule those out, and has also had a blood panel done which shows signs for different things, such as a a liver shunt from high bile acid, bacterial infection from high white blood cell count and that has all amounted up to 2,500$ so far and we still don't know what is wrong with her, more tests are needed to confirm and rule out possible causes.

The reason for this  fund is that I am not able to afford further testing and hospitalization after the above expenses, so I am backed up against a wall, putting me at the point where euthanasia is my only resort without help, which is heartbreaking because this girl is the sweetest little thing.

Any contributions would be used for further testing to determine the cause of her refusal to eat, blood sugar crashes and severe anemia, which are life-threatening at this time and unfortunately I am almost out of time...

Every little bit counts, 5$, 20$, and if you'd like to help in a different way, please SHARE her story to help her reach as many hearts as possible <3 

Thank you everyone for any help provided for my baby Phoenix !


42265710_1569369055459560_r.jpeg42265710_1569368964372901_r.jpeg42265710_1569368979990255_r.jpeg

Donations (0)

  • Nancy Cloutier 
    • $15 
    • 1 mo
  • Doreen Cloutier 
    • $15 
    • 1 mo
  • Margo Abramson  
    • $50 
    • 1 mo
  • Emma Harvey  
    • $50 
    • 1 mo
  • N Abe 
    • $50 
    • 1 mo
See all

Organizer

Sabrina Pitre 
Organizer
Brossard, QC
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more