On Tuesday, March 6th, Evan was diagnosed with stage 2 Hodgkin's Lymphoma, just days after being seen for a concerning lump in his neck. Evan will require seven months of intense chemotherapy treatment. During these seven months, Evan’s ability to work will be very limited, and he does not get paid sick leave through his employer.
This hardworking family needs our support as they navigate through the obstacles created by this unforseen circumstance.
Ways you can help:
1. Prayers! Pray for healing for Evan, and for peace and hope for the family.
2. Donate funds. The Derouaux's day-to-day expenses and medical bills will be difficult to manage as Evan’s ability to work will be limited due to side effects of his infusions.
3. Wear a bracelet. Evan has asked that as many people as possible wear purple "No One FIGHTS Alone" bracelets to support his fight against Hodgkin's Lymphoma. These can be purchased locally (Columbus) from Melissa Fannin, Charise Miller, or Danielle Gregor (with 100% of proceeds going to the Derouaux's), or online at https://www.choosehope.com/category/hodgkin-s-lymphoma-violet
4. Donate gift cards for gas and food (the family shops frequently at Meijer), or diapes and wipes (Pampers, size 3 and up, please!).
5. Bring the family dinner! A meal train has been set up at https://www.mealtrain.com/trains/o3z008
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact Team Evan using the links below.
Thank you so much!
- Jeffery James
- Gretchen Turner
- Shane Harris
- Jo Yaich
- Kathy Orr
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more