Hi, my name is Alan Curran and I’m delighted to be selected to contest the Local Elections in June 2024 for the Galway City West Area as a Social Democrats candidate, and I need your support.
I’m running in the election because I believe it’s time for change. We need to elect new people who have a fresh vision for the city and the country.
I’ve lived in Knocknacarra nearly all my life, and it’s where we’re raising our three young children. I work as a secondary school teacher in Salthill, supporting young people to reach their potential.
We have the same worries as you about our area's housing needs, healthcare, and public services. We need a voice on the council that understands the lived experiences of young families, and I can provide that voice.
I stand for:
• Sustainable and active communities with reliable and frequent public transport links, permeable connections, footpaths and cycle lanes.
• Accessible recreation and amenity areas including community centres, playgrounds and teen spaces.
• Well resourced supports for young people, particularly in the areas of mental health.
• Strong environmental action around waste, biodiversity and pollution.
As a country, we have some major issues to sort out, and I really believe the Social Democrats' fairer policies, ethos of honest politics, and evidence-based solutions to these big issues are the change we need. I am proud to be their candidate.
It would be an honour to represent this city and our communities on the council and help to bring about the changes we desperately need.
To reach every voter in the Galway City West Area, I am going to need your help.
- €10 will help me pay for an ad on social media
- €50 will help me pay for five election posters
- €100 will help me buy 2,000 leaflets
Any support you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Donations can only be accepted from residents of the Republic of Ireland or Irish citizens abroad. I cannot accept donations over €1,000 from one person and cannot take an anonymous donation of over €100. I may have to contact you after your donation to confirm the details.
By donating, you confirm that you are an Irish resident or an Irish citizen living overseas and that you have not exceeded the maximum annual donation to the Social Democrats of €2,500. If you have any questions before donations, don't hesitate to ask!