Help David Templeton's 'Polar Bears' get to NYC
I'm David Templeton, the author of the one-person show "Polar Bears," and the recent recipient of the Steinberg/ATCA New Play Citation for the science-fiction mystery "Galatea." This October, I will perform "Polar Bears" -- a true story about fatherhood, Santa Claus, and the beautiful backfires that sometimes come from simply loving each other -- at the United Solo Theatre Festival in New York City.
This is an excellent opportunity to share a moving and entertaining story with new people from all over the country. It's also a big step in the even bigger goal of building my reputation as a playwright. While on the East Coast, I will have opportunities to make valuable connections with other theater-makers, including producers and directors, with whom I hope to engage in conversation about all of my plays.
But mainly, I'll get to perform "Polar Bears" live in New York City, making audiences laugh and cry and sending them out of the theater feeling good.
There are several ways you can help to make all this possible.
1. Become a sponsor by contributing to this campaign, helping to underwrite some of the travel and production costs associated with the project.
2. Buy a ticket through the https://www.unitedsolo.org website if you are in the New York area or plan to be on October 25 at 7 p.m. If this show sells out, additional performances will be added (up to eight performances!).
3. Tell friends or family in NYC about "Polar Bears" and encourage them to get a ticket and spread the word.
All contributions (really, every dollar matters) are greatly appreciated.
- Rock 'em Sock 'em Robot Level: $50 and under
- Treasure Hunt Level: $51 - $100
- Angel-on-a-Tree Level: $101 to $300
- Christmas Magic Level: $301 - $499
- Flying Reindeer Level: $500-$999
- True Believer Level: $1000-$1999
- I Believe in Santa Claus Level: $2000 and up
You can find out more about me and my writing at DavidTempletonPlaywrightdotcom.
Thank you for your support. And (even though it's still summertime) Merry Christmas.
DonationsSee top donations
Become the first supporter
Your donation matters