Yesterday, while vacationing on Maui with her family, Jackie suffered a massive brain bleed and is now in the ICU in critical condition. This followed a near drowning experience that she had on Saturday which she needed to go to the ER for, was treated and released but continued having massive headaches until being hospitalized yesterday. The bleed is inoperable. She is currently on a ventilator and the next 24-48 hours are critical on whether she will survive and if she does, what sort of long term damage she will sustain and care she will need.
The family was supposed to travel home today, thus her husband David no longer has access to lodging or a rental car. It is insanely expensive in HI right now and ongoing COVID regulations are making things even more difficult. They do not have the resources to cover their immediate travel and medical expenses nor the future expenses that will come as a result of this. It is unknown at this point how long they will need to remain in HI.
Here is what we do know:
1. They need financial help - $100,000 is the starting point for what we would like to see raised. The medical expenses alone will be astronomical and we know that each one of us has SOMETHING they can give even if it is $5. Can you take a moment to consider how much you can give at this time and then click the donate button? You can also make multiple donations over time. They need funds ASAP.
2. They need prayer - they need their community interceding on their behalf right now. They are resilient people and have faced crises multiple times in their life and they need us now. Can we be those people they can count on? Can you take several moments to pray with them for healing?
3. They need to know they are loved - would you consider sending a handwritten card or note of encouragement to the Sills? You can send them to 16618 E Cypress St, Covina, CA 91722.
4. They need us to share this fundraiser beyond our immediate circle to anyone else you know - Can you share/forward, email and/or share this fundraiser link on social media, emails or text message?
5. Can you do all of the above?
Lastly, I want to mention the rest of the family and especially their grandchildren...Isla, Jude, Nova & their newest grandbaby, Raven, born just a few weeks ago. These babies love, want, and need their Am and we owe it to these little ones to do what we can to help.