Violence against women remains devastatingly pervasive and starts alarmingly at their earlier stages of life. Across their lifetime,
- 1 in 3 women is subjected to physical or sexual violence.
- Every 11 minutes, a woman or a girl is killed in their home.
- Less than 40% of women who experience violence seek help.
- Less than 10% reach out to the police for help.
- 58% of women have changed their travel plans due to safety concerns.
- 74% of them have experienced harassment at work.
- In countries like India, 95% of working women work in informal sectors with no mechanisms to report harassment at work.
- 80% experiencing domestic abuse at their homes reported that it had a negative impact on their quality of production at work.
These numbers have remained largely unchanged over the past decade.
So we decided to do something about it. After years of research and testing prototypes with the public, we came up with I'm Safe.
I'm Safe is a FREE one-stop safety solution for women, equipped with
Track Me: This feature allows you to share your live location with your trusted circle. You can choose when and with whom you wish to share.
SOS: The SOS feature will enable users to alert their trusted circle by sending vital info like their live location and also captures audio and images of the surroundings. The captured information is stored in cryptographically secure servers.
Safety Markers: Safety markers work through crowdsourcing, helping you to see which areas are safe and which ones you should avoid while commuting or traveling in an unfamiliar place.
Helplines: Receive confidential and non-judgmental service from I'm Safe Helpline when required. Trained staff members and NGOs facilitate the helpline.
An 18-month battery Life Safety device: The I'm Safe tag is an optional device for you and your loved ones that allows you to trigger an SOS with a touch.
Since the need is also among organizations & institutions, we have a separate premium experience for organizations with
- An administrator Dashboard.
- Cab Tracking to manage and track office-managed transport.
- Anonymous Reporting for self and on behalf of someone.
- Counseling for reaching out to professional help.
- Incident Markers to mark unsafe areas for admins to take action.
Your generosity will help us make I'm Safe bigger and better for women across the globe. The funds raised will be used for hosting, development and operations.
A beta version of I'm Safe is available with the essential features in Playstore and App store.